1. Start counting calories. There's 3,500 calories in a pound of fat. That means you need to burn 3,500 calories to lose a pound, or eat 3,500 calories to gain one. Generally, if you are motivated enough to lose weight and you count calories you'll automatically begin selecting lower calorie alternatives.
2. Form a diet, created entirely by you! Please refer to this chart at DietBites.com to figure out how much you should weigh, and then scroll down and select your ideal weight under 'Recommended Calorie Needs for Individuals Weighing'. Construct a diet that lets you fulfill those calories using foods you already know.
3. Follow my simple tips, and check back regularly for updates on helping you stay active and maintain a low calorie diet.
4. Share your own tips here with others trying to lose weight, don't forget to keep counting calories and follow these tips!
Please note that I used all of these tips when I wanted to lose weight and they all contributed to my weight loss, so now I'm sharing them with you.
- Absolutely no soda. They have a very high amount of sugar and are bad for your teeth. A lower calorie/lower sugar alternative would work. I just drank water, and loved it.
- Stay active, even if you're at home. Make simple rules with yourself to help you burn calories (e.g. when going upstairs, go all the way up, and then all the way downstairs, and then all the way back up)
- Fat-free skim milk, sugar free and low calorie snacks.
- Daily multivitamin (Make sure you get Vitamin B6 and B12 for energy!)
- 3 Square meals, do not eat within 3 hours of bed-time.
- Join a free weight loss forum
- Don't forget to check back regularly for more tips!